viernes, 26 de octubre de 2012

Sailing with Mark and Rita, Part 2.

Mark and Rita picked up us at Algeciras with Michael, a rusian guy who wanted to cross the atlantic and was his first time sailing. We left Algeciras about 0630 pm and cross the Gibraltar strait. I phoned my brother in law because his wife was in the hospital having a baby. He had a beautiful girl. I lost phone signal on time.

We had a nice afternoon and it get dark soon. Mark, Rita and Michael were on watch until 0100 when Bernard and I came up to the bridge. We wanted to do the "dog watch" (this is something about when i was officer on comercial ships) so they could sleep. Most of the time was motorsailing, we found some fishing vessels and some comercial ships, but the navigation was very comfortable. I had never sailed on a catamaran. I can say that it is very comfortable, and Rita and Mark´s catamaran is wonderful, comfortable and fast.

We played poker and other games and we laughed a lot. We have spent time talking to Rita and Mark, i think we have known each other. They are very affable and specially genorus persons. We have enjoyed a lot. I would have like the voyage was longer. we had arrived to Lanzarote pretty soon. Anyway, hopefully we´ll meet them anywhere, anytime.














Thank you Rita, Thank you Mark.